I have been doing a lot of reading lately, I do not read a lot of fiction most of the books I read are self-improvement books because they teach me things I can apply in my own life. I wrote a post the other day inspired by a book called secrets of a millionaire mind that I was reading, that post was on having a partner who motivates you. I am currently reading another book now but I'm taking my time with this one to absorb its concepts it’s called think and grow rich by Napoleon Hill, this book was written a long time ago but its principles still apply to this day and the those principles apply not only in the accumulation of wealth but they apply to which ever goal you wish to attain.
|pic from: @SNJToday|
Basically using the principles of this book what you should do if you really want to achieve something is (in this case your fitness goals):
- Know what you desire - you must think of something that you really desire, so since this is a fitness blog say you desire to have a bikini body or you desire to look like a fitness model.
- You must believe that you will attain what you desire no matter what – You must really believe that you can get the body you desire. You must be able to imagine yourself having your dream body at the beach, imagine people looking at you in awe of your awesome chiselled above average physique or whatever you dream body or goal physique is.
- You must be willing to sacrifice to achieve what you want – nothing comes for free, you cannot get your dream body by just wishing for it so you will have to commit, time and effort in order to research the right kinds of foods to eat and the perfect workout for you to reach your goals. You must stay consistent and must not give up until your goal is reached. Napoleon Hill says that those who win never give up and those who give up never win. If you want to be a winner in 2016 and get your dream body you will not give up.
- You must write a statement of your goal detailing what your fitness goal is, what you will give in order to hit your target and by when you goal is to be achieved – it is important to write down a statement of what you goal is for example if you are currently 1.83m tall and 100 kg and out of shape , you must write a realistic goal like you want to be 90kg by June 2016 and 85kg by December 2016, it’s important that you don’t just say you want to lose weight but you say the specific weight you want to be so you can picture it and you mind and imagine yourself being that weight and believe that come June or December you will be that specific weight. In terms of what you are willing to give in order to lose that weight you can say you will change your lifestyle and dedicate an hour every day to exercise whether it be going to gym or just jogging. When you have written down this statement of your goal you will read it out loud every day twice a day when you wake up and before you sleep until you believe it and know it off by heart, and you do the work required to attain your goal.
- Figure out and then write down the detailed plan of how you will achieve your goal – you may use the services of a personal trainer to get a diet plan and workout program, or you may read magazines and fitness blogs or watch YouTube videos, there are many good sources of information for whatever your fitness goal is and you follow whatever plan you choose to follow like its brushing your teeth every day and you can make adjustments to fit your liking and schedule as you go.
Merry Christmas, I hope you are enjoying this festive season and I wish you all the best in achieving your fitness goals, if you follow these tips you will achieve whatever realistic fitness goals you set for yourself in 2016. I highly recommend you read the book Think and Grow Rich by Napoleon Hill there is so much wisdom that can be picked up from there applicable in many areas of life.